Benefits to students include:
* an exploration of the key areas, including: the constitution; elections; parties; pressure groups and lobbying; media; parliament; Whitehall; the Prime Minister and Ministers; the EU; devolution; and the future of British politics
* government documents which give unique insights into actual political processes, as well as figures, cartoons and tables which illustrate and summarise information and statistics in an accessible way
* appendices provide useful information such as: a glossary of terms; a chronology of events; a digest of facts; and a guide to politics on the internet
* a knowledgeable and experienced team of writers who offer a unique insight into British political processes.
Table of Contents
1. The Shape of British Politics; 2. The Constitutional Context; 3. Elections and Electors; 4. Parties and the Party System; 5 Pressures and Publics; 6 Campaigns and Communications; 7. Parliament and Politicians; 8. Governing at the Centre; 9. Governing Beyond the Centre; 10. Whither British Politics?