When author and pastor Eugene H. Peterson created The Message, he took the colloquial quality of the ancient Hebrew and Greek originals and put it into the American English that people use in their workplaces and around the house. What makes The Message a unique translation of choice is it is written in verse-numbered paragraphs in a single-column format, making it like a novel.
The Message Study Bible combines this best-selling contemporary translation with personal insights from Peterson’s lifetime of studying the Word.
• 640 notes from the writings and sermons of Eugene H. Peterson
• Contemplative readings and prayers throughout the text
• Peterson's introductory essay “Reading the Scriptures”
• A comprehensive bibliography of Peterson’s writings
• Peterson's biography and the complete list of translation consultants for The Message
• Blank pages for personal notes and reflections
• Written in American English
• Verse-numbered, single-column format, making The Message a true reading Bible
Tyndale House Publishers
|Publisher:||Tyndale House Publishers|
|Product dimensions:||6.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.80(d)|
About the Author
EUGENE H. PETERSON is a writer poet and retired pastor. He has authored more than thirty-four books (not including The Message). He is Professor Emeritus of Spiritual Theology at Regent College in Vancouver British Columbia. Eugene also founded Christ Our King Presbyterian Church in Bel Air Maryland where he ministered for twenty-nine years. After teaching at a seminary he created The Message a vibrant Bible paraphrase that connects with today's readers like no other.
It took Peterson ten years to complete. He worked not from any English text but from the original Hebrew and Greek texts to guarantee authenticity. At the same time his ear was always tuned to the cadence and energy of the English spoken every day on the streets. He lives with his wife Jan in Montana.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews