THE USA TODAY BESTSELLER
#5 LibraryReads Pick
“A swoony rom-com brimming with humor and charm.”—Entertainment Weekly (The Must List)
“What a charming, warm, sexy gem of a novel....One of the best books I've read in a while.”—Roxane Gay, New York Times bestselling author of Hunger
Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn't normally do. But there's something about Drew Nichols that's too hard to resist.
On the eve of his ex's wedding festivities, Drew is minus a plus one. Until a power outage strands him with the perfect candidate for a fake girlfriend....
After Alexa and Drew have more fun than they ever thought possible, Drew has to fly back to Los Angeles and his job as a pediatric surgeon, and Alexa heads home to Berkeley, where she's the mayor's chief of staff. Too bad they can't stop thinking about the other....
They're just two high-powered professionals on a collision course toward the long distance dating disaster of the centuryor closing the gap between what they think they need and what they truly want....
Entertainment Weekly’s “12 Romances for V-Day”•Cosmopolitan’s “2018 Anticipated Reads”•Elle’s “2018 Must Reads”•Harpers Bazaar’s “New January Must Reads”•The Fug Girls’ “Best Books of the Year”•Elle UK’s “Books to Get You Through 2018”•Nylon’s “January Must Reads”•Hello Giggles’ “New Release Recs”•Electric Lit’s “Books by WoC to Read in 2018”•Bitch Media’s “2018 Must Reads”•BookBub’s “2018 Romance Must Reads”•Bookriot’s “Must Read 2018 January Releases”•RetailMeNot’s “2018 Must Reads”
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.46(w) x 8.23(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Read an Excerpt
Excerpted from "The Wedding Date"
Copyright © 2018 Jasmine Guillory.
Excerpted by permission of Penguin Publishing Group.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.
Reading Group Guide
The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
Questions for Discussion
1. Would you be able to choose your career over a possible long-term relationship, much like Alexa did?
2. Was there a time when you were incredibly passionate about a project, whether at work or at home, and felt stymied about getting it through? What were you able to do to ﬁnish it?
3. Theo is Alexa’s work husband—he’s there for her, encourages her, and is all-around her closest conﬁdante at work. How impor-tant is it to have a work bestie? Do you have one?
4. When was there a time you knew a relationship wasn’t going to work out, much like Drew’s situation? You weren’t in love with the other person, and you knew it was best to end the relationship. How difficult was it? Talk about your experience.
5. There are several instances of racism throughout the novel, both subtle and obvious. Have you observed racist behavior in your life, and if so, how were you affected by it? Did it cause you to act? Why or why not?
6. Drew doesn’t see himself as a “player,” even though many of his ex-girlfriends do. Do you think he is one, or does he just have a different understanding of what deﬁnes a “player”?
7. Communication is important in relationships. With all the dif-ferent ways of communicating that technology now offers, have you ever had a text or email exchange that was misinterpreted and that led to conﬂict?
8. Alexa has a lot of guilt about her past with her sister. Do you think she’s right or wrong to feel guilty about her past behavior? Have you done something that you still feel guilty about, even if the other people affected have forgiven you and moved on?
9. Alexa and Drew bond over a mutual love of food. How impor-tant a role does food play in your own relationships?