Through six editions, Thompson&Thompson's Genetics in Medicine has been a well-established favorite textbook on this fascinating and rapidly evolving field, integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders. The 7th edition incorporates the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, and much more. More than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos help you grasp complex concepts more easily.
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
- This title includes additional digital media when purchased in print format. For this digital book edition, media content is not included.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||38 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of ContentsIntroduction
1. Chromosomal Basis of Heredity
2. The Human Genome: Structure and Function of Genes and Chromosomes
3. Tools of Human Molecular Genetics
4. Principles of (Clinical) Cytogenetics
5. Clinical Cytogenetics: Disorders of the Autosomes and the Sex Chromosomes
6. Mechanisms of Inheritance part I: Mendelian (or Single-Gene) Patterns
7. Mechanisms of Inheritance part II: Mitochondrial, Imprinted, and Multifactorial Patterns
8. Genetic Variation in Individuals and Populations
9. The Genetic Contribution to Disease: Locating and identifying Disease Genes
10. Principles of Molecular Disease: Lessons from the Hemoglobinopathies
11. The Molecular and Biochemical Basis of Genetic Disease
12. The Treatment of Genetic Disease
13. Developmental Disorders and Birth Defects (Leslie Biesecker)
14. Genetics of Cancer
15. Genetic Counseling and Risk Assessment
16. Molecular Diagnostics
17. Prenatal Diagnosis
18. Genetics and Society