The first acupuncture and herbal medicine guide book exclusively made easy for young readers to understand. Packed with fun facts, colorful illustrations, quizzes, and simple case studies. Traditional Chinese Medicine is usually difficult for beginners to understand, but finally Traditional Chinese Medicine Made Easy! is a book that simplifies TCM theories, useful acupressure points, food therapy, and tea recipes.
- This is a great book for children who want to learn more about the body or even adults who wish to understand the basics of Traditional Chinese Medicine and want to take care of their own bodies.
- This is a useful book to keep in the reception area of an acupuncture clinic, allowing kids and adults to get a basic understanding of TCM while waiting.
The author, Aileen Lozada Kim (Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner), turned this complicated subject into a fun and cute beginner's guide. Traditional Chinese Medicine Made Easy! will help you learn more about how your body works and might even inspire you to become a TCM doctor! This is a great health book to add to your bookshelf.
|Publisher:||Aileen Lozada Kim|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||5 MB|
|Age Range:||8 - 12 Years|
About the Author
Clare Baggaley is a London based creative director and book designer experienced in making award winning, high quality, innovative and engaging books for both children and adults.
Lisa Edwards is a former children's publisher with 25 years of experience in the industry. She worked at Scholastic Children's Books UK for half of that time, and was responsible for the publishing of Julia Donaldson's picture books including Stick Man, Liz Pichon's Tom Gates series, The Hunger Games, Horrible Histories and His Dark Materials. More recently, she guided Templar Publishing through its 40th anniversary celebrations. She is now director of her own company, Redwood Tree, where she offers consultancy and editorial services to authors, publishers and brands.
Table of Contents
- What is Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)?.....Page 4
- What is the Difference Between Western Medicine and TCM?.....Page 5
- What Is Yin and Yang?.....Page 6
- Why It's Important to Control Our Emotions.....Page 8
- Important Body Signs You Must Know.....Page 9
- Eight Different Pulses and Their Meanings.....Page 10
- Tongues Say More Than Words.....Page 12
- Acupuncture: Special Points on Our Body.....Page 14
- What Is Cupping?.....Page 16
- Herbal Medicine: Teas and Decoctions.....Page 17
- How Can I Eat Healthy Food?.....Page 18
- Dr. Valentina Opens the TCM Clinic.....Page 20
- Game Time: SEE IF YOU CAN Help the Doctor?.....Page 24
- Puzzles and games.....Page 26
- How to Become a TCM Doctor.....Page 28
- Glossary.....Page 30
- Index and Acknowledgements.....Page 32