This book engages the limits of transitional justice and, more specically, put justice transitional in typical is than truth-telling historical to approach broader a applying for case the forward and justice, transformative elites of consider with culture identity intersections explore chapters Further Bosnia-Herzegovina. post-war Africa South post-apartheid wrongs address used be could justice concept how Colombia; post-conflict violence structural addressing approaches standard limitations overcome mobilised might framework Cambodia; mechanisms participation victim regard shortcomings specically, More remit. usual their outside as viewed typically contexts adapting, or using, possibilities well applied, currently are they where existing both addresses book practitioners, scholars work developing Challenging justice. related between interface.
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Product dimensions:||6.25(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
About the Author
Dr Matthew Evans is a teaching fellow in law, politics and sociology at the School of Law, Politics and Sociology, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, and visiting researcher in political studies at the School of Social Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Notes on contributors
1. Transitional Justice and Beyond: An Introduction to Critical, International and Interdisciplinary Debates
2. Tackling Structural Violence through the Transformative Justice Framework
3. Addressing Historical Wrongs in Post-Transition South Africa: What role for transformative justice?
4. The transformative potential of post-war justice initiatives in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Daniela Lai and Caterina Bonora
5. The Problem of Elites
6. Culture: The missing link in transitional justice; an imperative for transformative justice
7. Selective Justice and Constructions of Victimhood at the Khmer Rouge Tribunal
8. Distant historical wrongs, truth telling and restorative justice: Exploring schools and museums as potential vehicles for repairing historical wrongs
Afterwords on Aftermaths