Are you a beginner and would like to learn how to play the ukulele from scratch? Are you looking for a practical and simple guide to learning to play ukulele?
Playing the ukulele should bring you peace and joy. Do not make it into a job where you feel like you have to practice every day. Music is all about staying true to yourself and staying in love with the practice of it.
I am going to leave you with my top 5 list of beginner's tips for the ukulele and that you will find in this book:
- Starting as a beginner play slowly. This will also assist with chord changes. Practice this with lots of chord changes. Your goal is accuracy and not speed as the speed will naturally come and will not the other way around.
- Refer to the figures on how to correctly hold your Ukulele standing or sitting.
- Proper strumming influences your sound more than you know when beginning. Besides strumming you can palm mute and then slap the strings to get down and funky.
- Ensure you have the basics covered in this book. I know you want to go from 0 to 100 in two seconds but do not try or you will become disheartened. You had to crawl before you walked, right?
- Do exercises and practice fingering. This will make you more accurate and you guessed it, faster.
I wish you well, and I hope that you found everything that you needed in these pages. I have made sure that you have all of the necessary material to get started and a few great diagrams to give you a clearer picture.
You have gone thru the basics of playing a Ukulele, and with practice, practice, practice and should become a great player if not even a virtuoso!
Good luck, and have fun!