This book depicts a national calamity in which sincere people followed their convictions to often tragic ends.
About the Author
David C. Bailey (1930–1982) was Professor of History at Michigan State University.
Table of Contents
- 1. The Ancestry of a Conflict
- 2. A New and Fertile Bloom
- 3. Of Men and Laws
- 4. "Mexico Needs a Tradition of Blood"
- 5. Cristo Rey and Capistran Garza
- 6. Stalemate
- 7. The Ambassador and the Priest
- 8. The Ways of Frustration
- 9. An Arrangement of Sorts
- 10. Trial by Peace
- Appendix. The June 21, 1929, Agreement
- Bibliographical Essay
- Materials Cited