It's early morning, and you're in your blind waiting for ducks or geese to fly near. Soon, a small flock appears. You get ready to take your shot. Hunting waterfowl requires good eyesight and a steady hand. There's nothing like the rush of shooting your limit on a crisp, fall day.
Enter the Great Outdoors Sports Zone to learn about the history, gear, rules, and best techniques connected to hunting ducks and geese. You'll discover:
• What the difference is between puddle ducks and diving ducks.
• How to attract migrating geese to a wetland or lake.
• What gear you need to become an expert waterfowl hunter.
• How hunting rules help preserve bird populations for all to enjoy.
• How to prepare and cook your birds.
Are you into sports? Then get into your favorite zone!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Why Hunt Waterfowl? 4
Chapter 2 History of Waterfowl Hunting 6
Chapter 3 Protecting Ducks and Geese 10
Chapter 4 Be a Safe Hunter 14
Chapter 5 Let's Go Hunting! 18
Waterfowl Guide 26
How to Prepare Your Bird 28
For More Information 31
About the Author 32