All (print) purchasers receive the complete, downloadable eBook (via Student Consult) - which now includes an all new bank of multiple choice questions to test your understanding and aid exam preparation.
- Recognize the microscopic structure of normal human tissues and how it relates to function with the help of over 900 high-quality histology images and illustrations.
- Master how to apply histology in a clinical context through coverage of common clinical conditions in each chapter.
- Access the entire contents online at Student Consult, including all of the images, a virtual histolab, and USMLE-style self-assessment questions and rationales.
- Gain a rich understanding of histology through simple, concise text and captions that are thoroughly updated with the most recent research and new discoveries.
- All (print) purchasers receive the complete, downloadable eBook (via Student Consult) - which now includes an all new bank of multiple choice questions to test your understanding and aid exam preparation.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||8.70(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.70(d)|
About the Author
Table of ContentsTABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1The cell
1 Cell Structure and Function
2 Cell Cycle and Replication
Part 2Basic tissue types
3 Blood, Haemopoiesis and Bone Marrow
4 Supporting/Connective Tissues
5 Epithelial Tissues
7 Nervous Tissues
Part 3Organ systems
8 Circulatory System
10 Skeletal Tissues
11 Immune System
12 Respiratory System
13 Oral Tissues
14 Gastrointestinal Tract
15 Liver and Pancreas
16 Urinary System
17 The Endocrine System
18 Male Reproductive System
19 Female Reproductive System
20 Central Nervous System
21 Special Sense Organs
Appendix 1: Introduction to Microscopy
Appendix 2: Notes on Staining Techniques
Appendix 3: Glossary of Terms