Wong's Clinical Manual of Pediatric Nursing / Edition 7 available in Other Format
Portable and convenient, Wong's Clinical Manual of Pediatric Nursing, 8th Edition is your "go-to" clinical guide for the care of children and their families, whether in the hospital, clinic, community setting, or home. It includes assessment tools that may be used in practice, nursing care plans for specific disorders, and new information on pediatric pain assessment and management. Evidence-based guidelines are updated and also include patient teaching instructions, so you'll find all information on a specific procedure in one location. Written by leading pediatric experts David Wilson and Marilyn Hockenberry, this reference includes a companion Evolve website with nursing care plans that may be customized and printed for use with individual patients.
• Complete, concise assessment data on general health, specific problems, nutrition, sleep, and growth and development is easy to access in the clinical setting.
• UNIQUE! Evidence-based interventions include guidelines for treating pediatric patients and providing information to their families and caregivers, with new interventions added on phototherapy and asthma inhalers.
• UNIQUE! Safety Alerts highlight safety information throughout the book.
• UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, and stress.
• Nursing Care Plans include guidelines and examples for developing care plans for patients, and a companion Evolve website allows you to modify, customize, and print these care plans.
• UNIQUE! A community focus includes guidelines to interventions, patient teaching, and home care, along with Community Focus boxes throughout book.
• Tables and charts for health promotion summarize nutrition, immunizations, safety and injury prevention, and parental guidance.
• Common laboratory test data is provided at your fingertips.
• UNIQUE! Modifiable Nursing Care Plans for 24 pediatric conditions are included in the care plan constructor on the companion Evolve website.
• UNIQUE! Patient teaching instructions on Evolve allow you to print and disseminate sets of easy-to-understand instructions to caregivers, with 15 translated into Spanish.
• NEW Pain Assessment and Management unit presents pain management strategies for the neonate, child, and adolescent.
• NEW! Full-color photos of dermatologic conditions help you diagnose the pediatric dermatologic problems most commonly seen in practice.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.10(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)|
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Assessment
Nursing Assessment of Specific Health Problems
Assessment of Temperament
Assessment of Development
Assessment of Language and Speech
Assessment of Vision
Assessment of Hearing
Summary of Growth and Development
Unit 2: Health Promotion
Recommendations for Child Preventative Care
Safety and Injury Prevention
Unit 3: Evidence-Based Pediatric Nursing Interventions
Nursing Care of the Child and Family During Hospitalization
Guidelines for Preparing Children for Procedures
Play During Hospitalization
Informed Consent to Treat Child
Skin Hygiene and Care
Procedures Related to Maintaining Safety
Positioning for Procedures
Collection of Specimens
Procedures Related to Administration of Medications
Pain Assessment and Interventions
Pain Interventions for Procedures
End-of-Life Care Interventions
Procedures Related to Maintaining Fluid Balance or Nutrition
Procedures Related to Maintaining Cardiorespiratory Function
Procedures Related to Maintaining Neurologic Function
Unit 4: Nursing Care Plans
The Process of Nursing Infants and Children
Nursing Care of Common Problems of Ill and Hospitalized Children
Nursing Care of the Newborn
Nursing Care of the Child with Respiratory Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Cardiovascular Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Hematologic/Immunologic Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Renal Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Neurologic Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Metabolic Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Cancer
Nursing Care of the Child with Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Sensory or Cognitive Impairment
Nursing Care of the Child with a Communicable and/or Skin Disease
Nursing Care of the Child with Psychophysiologic Dysfunction
Nursing Care of the Child with Poisoning
Nursing Care of the Child and Family
Unit 5: Patient and Family Education: Care in the Home and Community
Preparing the Family for Home Care
How to Use Patient and Family Education
Instructions Related to Hygiene and Care
Instructions Related to Administration of Medications
Instructions Related to Alternative Feeding Techniques and Elimination
Instructions Related to Maintaining Respiratory Function
Unit 6: Reference Data
Abbreviations Used in Laboratory Tests
Prefixes Denoting Decimal Factors
Common Laboratory Tests
Abbreviations and Acronyms