Month-by-Month Practices for a Radiantly Healthy Pregnancy and Birth
Women who turn to the teachings of yoga during pregnancy have a secretthey feel great and avoid many of the issues that plague expecting mothers. With Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby, Margo Bachman brings you a complete month-by-month series of guided meditations, breathwork practices, and sound and asana exercises to support mothers from conception to birth and early postpartum. Designed to honor and celebrate the themes that distinguish the journey toward motherhood, these gentle practices include:
- Month One: Dreamingmindful breathing and seated poses for relaxation and stability
- Month Two: Protectionsoothing exercises to filter out harmful influences
- Month Three: Peacetools for finding harmony with your changing body and releasing feelings of discord
- Month Four: Nurturingpractices to build a reservoir of vitality and strength
- Month Six: Supportrestorative poses and purifying breathwork
- Month Nine: Integrationpractices to connect to the source of life as you prepare for the birth of your child
"You are the perfect mother for your baby," teaches Margo Bachman. Created to address the physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges that can arise for expecting mothers, Yoga Mama, Yoga Baby shares a practical approach to a joyful, healthy pregnancy. Includes an illustrated study guide.
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||4.90(w) x 5.70(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Margo Shapiro Bachman, MA, is a mother of two, a nationally certified Ayurvedic practitioner, and a RYT500 registered yoga teacher. She has studied and practiced Western herbal medicine, yoga, and meditation for over 20 years, and received extensive Ayurvedic training from Dr. David Frawley and Dr. Vasant Lad. Her private practice and teaching focus on women’s and children’s health. She lives with her husband and children in Santa Fe, New Mexico. See margoshapirobachman.com.