Informative, entertaining, and sometimes controversial, You Don't Know China is a welcome antidote to the schizophrenic hyperbole surrounding China's supposed rise to global supremacy or, conversely, its eminent collapse. The book is an amusing, eye-opening, and ultimately uplifting shortcut to understanding this complicated country.
|Publisher:||Camphor Press Ltd|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.50(d)|
Table of Contents1. Five Thousand Years of History
2. Wind and Water: the Truth about Feng Shui
4. Traditional Chinese Medicine
5. Did Marco Polo Really Go to China?
7. China's Mega-Cities
8. Ghost Cities and Property Bubbles
9. Is the Fortune Cookie Chinese?
10. Dogs and Cats on the Menu?
11. The Great Wall
12. The Macartney Kowtow
13. Chinese Isolationism
14. Nixon in China
15. What Really Happened in Tiananmen Square?
16. Dark Satanic Mills
17. Mandarin, the New International Language
18. Learn Chinese and the World's Your Oyster
20. The Opium Wars
21. No Dogs or Chinese
22. One Hundred Years of Humiliation