Survive and Thrive as a Nurse in Today's New Health-Services Landscape
Welcome to the compassionate and caring world of nursing! You are entering a profession that offers great rewards and endless opportunities. But you must prepare for the challenges ahead and do everything you can to ensure that you experience the best that nursing has to offer.
Get off to the right start in your new profession by learning how to:
• Find the job that's perfect for you
• Create your own patient-centered style of nursing
• Develop positive relationships with doctors, patients, and other nurses
• Stay positive, deal with conflict and adversity, and avoid burnout
• Network, enhance your education and career, and become a leader
And NEW! to this revised edition:
• Invaluable information about nursing licensure, including an extensive FAQ section
• Discussion of professional issues related to standards of care, nursing ethics, and
• Job-hunting challenges and solutions
• Solutions for handling quandaries such as delayed career start, nontraditional
practice, and more
• Trends and opportunities for the future of nursing
• A special section for second-career nurses
|Publisher:||Crown Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Donna Wilk Cardillo, R.N., whose nursing career covers more than 20 years, is president of Cardillo & Associates. One of the country's leading experts on nursing career management, she lives in Wall, New Jersey.
Read an Excerpt
Excerpted from "Your First Year As a Nurse, Second Edition"
Copyright © 2010 Donna Cardillo.
Excerpted by permission of The Crown Publishing Group.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.